10 Detox Tips to Boost Your Health and Immune System
The body is naturally capable of eliminating toxins from your body and strengthening your immune system. The more efficiently your detoxification system is working, and the fewer toxins get into your body more effectively, the better your overall well-being!
“Toxin” is a term used to describe “toxin, ” including internal and external toxins. Internal toxic waste such as excess hormones and metabolic waste. External toxic substances like pollution such as heavy metals, synthetic chemicals and processed food items — adversely affect your health. Our bodies have a method to eliminate toxins, which affects the kidneys, liver and digestive system, and the lung and skin so long as they’re healthy!
The way you take care of your body regularly is essential. The VEBA Resource Center’s Holistic Practitioner Dr Ioanna Vouloumanou offers 10 tips to enhance your detox and improve overall health.
10 Detox Tips
- Limit Alcohol. Consuming alcohol can reduce the liver’s capacity to perform its regular tasks, like cleaning.
- Focus on Sleep. Sleeping well is essential. Try to get at least 7-8 hours per night. A good night’s sleep lets your brain recover and replenish itself, and eliminates any toxins accumulated throughout the day. Yes, even thinking may produce metabolic waste.
- Drink More Water. Eliminate toxins by stepping up your water consumption. Alongside its numerous functions in your body, water helps the body’s detoxification system to eliminate waste out of your body. Water does much more than quench your thirst. It regulates your body’s temperature, assists in joint lubrication, aids digestion and nutrient absorption, and cleanses your body by flushing out toxic substances. I suggest men drink 125 ounces of water and females consume 90 ounces daily.
- Reduce Your Intake of Sugar and Processed Foods. Foods processed and loaded with sugar are connected to chronic diseases such as diabetes and obesity. These ailments could cause damage to organs essential to detoxifying, including the kidneys and liver.
- Eat antioxidant-rich foods. Ever heard, “You are what you eat.”? It’s true! Your body is nourished with antioxidant-rich foods rich in vitamin A Vitamin C, selenium, vitamin E and other nutrients to achieve optimal health. Fruits, berries and nuts, cocoa, spice, vegetables and drinks like a cup of coffee daily (or green tea) contain some of the highest antioxidants. My favourite is matcha tea made with almond milk!
- Consume foods that are high in prebiotics. Keep your immune and detoxification systems in good shape with foods rich in prebiotics. Foods such as artichokes, tomatoes, asparagus, bananas, onions, garlic, and oats help keep your digestive system. They are vital to maintaining proper detoxification and health.
- Reduce Your Consumption of Salt. Consuming too much salt can cause water retention to increase and increase the accumulation of toxic substances. It is best to stay clear of it! You can reduce the amount of water you drink (and waste)by increasing the amount of potassium-rich food items and water. Potassium-rich foods include squash, potatoes, kidney beans, bananas, and spinach.
- Get Active. Regular exercise reduces inflammation, helps your body’s detoxification system function effectively, and assists your lymphatic system in getting rid of anything it doesn’t require.
- Reduce the number of toxic substances in your home and body. Switching to natural cleaning products such as baking soda instead of commercial cleaning products reduces the risk of exposure to harmful chemicals.
- Select Natural Body Care. Even what you consume has an impact on your health. Utilizing natural deodorants, makeups, moisturizers, shampoos, and other products for personal care can help reduce exposure to harmful chemicals.